Dbsk Dream's Fan Box

Dbsk Dream on Facebook

14 May 2010

[TRANS] 100511 ARENA37℃ June Issue - Junsu’s Interview


- A musical style I've wanted to try all along -

Q: This is Xiah Junsu’s first solo interview. We just saw the shooting scene, and the entire atmosphere gave off a very sexy image and feel.
- (embarrassed) Thank you.

Q: Your solo single “XIAH” include the track “Intoxication.” Whether it was the singing style or the musical style, it presented a very mature feel overall…
- Have you listened to it already?

Q: Yes we have, and we were very shocked because it was too sexy. The lyrics and tune to this song was self-composed by you. How were you able to come up with such a sexy feel for the lyrics?
- This song was composed in the midst of the musical I was involved in back in Korea. This is the first time I’ve used the name “Xiah” to record a song. “Intoxication” was a musical style I’ve wanted to try all along; there is a bit of R&B feel to it. This is a song that can be expressed well even through dance alone. Up till now, I’ve only been singing songs in the J-Pop genre in Japan, even though there are other genres of music. This song is different from what I’ve done in the past, and I think this is a good piece of work.

Q: This is a very sexy song; were there any special requests or expectations when it came to writing the lyrics?
- Yes, I requested for lyrics that gave off a sexier feel. When this song was initially in its demo recording, I tried to sing it by putting in lyrics that were not fully Japanese or English. However, when it came to the chorus, I wasn’t sure why, but I would naturally sing out the words “touch me baby.” (laughs) Because I really wanted to keep these words, I asked for “touch me baby” to be included in the lyrics. Incidentally, Mr. H.U.B also helped in the writing of the lyrics for this song.

Q: So the lyrics finally captured the feel that you wanted?
- Yes, I especially wanted to include an interesting feel in the repetition of the rhythm and melody where there were Japanese lyrics.
For example, “指から络めて身体中まで 秘密の蜜を见つけてく” (Start from our fingers, from head to toe, going to find your secret honey)
I really like the rhyme between "カラ" and “ミツ". (T/N: The note on the original text says "Using the pronunciation of the root characters of KA.RA and MI.TSU to add on to the tune/melody.")

Q: The way you whispered the lyrics in the chorus was really quite good!
- Hopefully the fans would take note of these when they listen to the song. This song needs to be interpreted through the Western style of music. Whilst it is important to grab hold of the right feel and the sense of rhythm, using heavy breathing to sing is also very suitable for the style of this song.

Q: Adding in such sounds would probably relay a very sexual feel…
- It most probably would, when you listen to the pre-mix of the song. Once you have heard the entire song, the feeling is pretty good!

Q: So… it would be sexier?
- Yes. Ah! No! (laughs) It's just that there will be a better presentation on the entire feel or the balance of the different music tracks.

Q: This is probably a new challenge for you…
- This is the first time I’m composing a song of the R&B genre. Before this track, “Xiahtic” was a song that had relatively strong melodies, and would be classified more as a dance track.
This new track is something that one can enjoy in both aspects of singing and dancing.

Q: The song will probably shock even those who aren’t a fan. What do you think?
- (embarrassed) Yes, I will try my best. (laughs)

Q: (laughs) The title “Intoxication” has a meaning of being “indulged” or “enchanted.” It feels like you want to tempt those who are listening…
- Is it really so? (continues to be embarrassed)

Q: Did you feel embarrassed when you were recording the song?
- No, if there were any ladies around, I would probably have, but it was all men in the recording studio. (laughs)

Q: (laughs) On the day of the recording, did you wear the exact same black suit like today, to create the atmosphere of being in the night?
- What I thought was, “Such an outfit would probably match the feel of the song,” so considering that the musical style was sexy, I wore a relatively simple black suit, along with a vest and sarouel pants. When the dance moves combined with the melody of the chorus, the thought that appeared in my mind was “this is how I want to dance it.” That part of the dance matches the design of the pants well.

Q: We can see that dance in the PV…
- Yes, and I hope everyone will pay attention to the dance part in the chorus.

Q: Will there be a female character in the PV?
- No, there will only be men. (laughs)

Q: (laughs) I understand. In the second track “Kanashimi no Yukue,” the sad lyrics contrasted really well with your hoarse voice. The strong, forceful singing, accompanied with the display of great tension within the chorus really made one feel as though a part of the heart has been captured.
- The first track, “Intoxication” could be, in a way, to let everyone appreciate the external appearance of a man.
In the second track “Kanashimi no Yukue,” it was more about expressing the fragile heart hidden within the interior of a man.


- Compared to a closure, having to accept that fact that “things have already changed” is much harder -

Q: This can also be considered as a mature song…
- Yes, these two tracks really give off two entirely different feelings, right? I hope everyone will listen to them.
What I liked about the song is this part, “幸せは 终わるより かわる方が ぼくにはさみしい” (What I have exchanged for a happy ending is my endless sorrow).
When I first read the lyrics, that was what I really felt. Even though different people may feel differently while listening to the song, ultimately, there will be a change in the way you feel. For example, this incident may not have happened to you, or you may have heard it from the words of others, however, [after listening to the song] there will be a similar resonance that you can understand that type of pain.
Eventually… It is like the heart of the one you love is no longer with you, and you turn your back to leave, is it not?
In fact, this is better; compared to a closure, having to accept the fact that “things has already changed” is much harder.
I think for the lyrics of this song is expressed from a perspective that being in love is a blessing, and from the bottom of my heart, I really feel it’s not bad!

Q: Tell us the reason for using the name “Xiah” for this single.
- Sure, this single has incorporated what I want others to view me as, and what I’ve been meaning to say in my heart. I hope to be able to show a different side of Xiah, so that’s why I used it as the title of this single. The fans in Japan have seen the part of me that is “Junsu,” and I hope in the future, I can let everyone see the “Xiah” side of me.

Q: This can be considered as taking a brand new step! So then, what traits do you think a sexy man should have?
- (thinks) Traits of a sexy man?

Q: In your life, are there men whom you think are sexy?
- Because I am a man myself, I won’t really think if other men are sexy or not. (looks troubled) Erm… this is a bit hard to answer.


- I will not cry in front of women. Even if I do, I won't do it alone, but in front of my elders and my brother -

Q: Let’s switch to another question then; in “Kanashimi no Yukue,” there is a phrase that goes “かないて” (don’t cry), how do you respond towards a woman’s tears?
- (immediately) I’m not good [in responding towards a woman’s tears].

Q: What if the woman were to cry in front of you?
- I will become helpless. (laughs)

Q: So you won’t know what to do?
- It’s more of me not being able to take it. (laughs)

Q: (laughs) Will you ask her “What happened?”
- I would say “What’s wrong?”

Q: That’s really a very gentle way of asking.
- Yes, of course. (laughs)

Q: Do you cry too?
- I will not cry in front of women. Even if I do, I won’t do it alone, but in front of my elders and my brother.

Q: In this case, what do you think of when we speak of a mature man?
- In essence, he should be someone who cares for others.

Q: Someone who thinks for others?
- Yes, I think that is what a real man would do; it’s not about having authority or fame, but the best kind of man to be is to be able to care for others.

Q: Do you constantly keep this thought on your heart?
- Yes, I want to become that kind of man, who always put ladies first. But it’s not only to ladies, but to men as well. To be able to constantly care for others, I feel that such men are most charismatic!

Q: And this is related to whether or not one is sexy…
- Yes, I think that’s a very important point!


Source: ARENA37℃ June Issue + baidutvxq
Translation: kimuchi3005 @ OneTVXQ.com
Credits: OneTVXQ.com { One World. One Red Ocean. One TVXQ! }
Feel free to repost, but please leave the full credits intact. Thanks!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails