Dbsk Dream's Fan Box

Dbsk Dream on Facebook

08 September 2010

Sun and Yenny from the Wonder Girls talk to Vervegirl about their music, fans, and plans for the future!

The Wonder Girls are a South Korean pop group that have recently earned their first song on the Billboard Hot 100 music chart!

They have recently toured with the Jonas brothers and have had the chance to meet hundreds of their fans. During their North American tour, Canadian dates were added to the second leg in Toronto, Vancouver, and Mississauga last month.

Sun and Yenny took some time out of their busy schedules to speak to Vervegirl about their music, fans, self-esteem and their future.

VerveGirl: What does it feel like to have this much success at a young age?
Yenny: I feel so grateful for what I’m doing now, and I am so happy for being able to do what I’ve been dreaming of for my entire life. Of course sometimes it becomes so much pressure because of a lot of responsibilities as a role model. I try to accept the fact that there will always be ups and downs in my life and also try to stay strong by believing in myself and to not lose focus.


VERVEGIRL: What other musicians/artists would you consider to be an inspiration to you?
Sun: Of course there's a lot! One of my inspirations is Beyonce. I really look up to her as not only a performer but also a human being! I can see and feel that when she's on stage! I also like Alicia Keys, India Arie and Norah Jones as well!

VG: What was it like being on a reality show for MTV with cameras following you around all of the time?
Yenny: It was a lot of fun because we got to experience lots of things doing it. We were really close to all the staff/crew so we didn't feel uncomfortable or anything. It helped me to make the good memories even more precious because of the special people around us.

VG: How would you describe your own style of music?
S: Our music is a mix of Asian and American pop and we are going with a retro concept based on 60's and 80's!
Y: Our music is a good mix of old and new, funky and enjoyable to everyone in all ages.

VG: What did you feel like when your single “Nobody” made it into the Billboard Hot 100?
Y: It felt surreal. I couldn't believe my eyes and take my eyes off the chart. I wanted to call everyone who helped us to say thank you, but they called me first. Haha, it was definitely one of the most precious moments in my life.

VG: How was it touring with the Jonas Brothers?
S: It was an amazing experience for us! That moment was our very first major step in the US. A lot people were really open to us. They were so kind to us! We will never forget the precious time we had!

VG: How would you describe your fans?
Y: In one word, inspirational. I believe our fans are the most wonderful fans in the world! They are very passionate and supportive. They are super-enthusiastic when we are on stage, but at the same time, they are very polite and shy in person which I think is very cute. I love our fans!

VG: How would you encourage other young girls to build self esteem and follow their dreams?
S: I just hope they continue following their dreams even if it seems like it's impossible. I think that not giving up is the key to success. You don't have to focus on what others are saying and just know what you really want in your life and about yourself. Just realize how wonderful and precious each one of you are!
Y: To love yourself and believe in yourself is more important than anything. People will judge you and pretend to know you very well, but no one knows you better than yourself. If you have a dream and you can see yourself doing it, go for it and never give up. I’ve failed my auditions three times, and I also heard I had no talent from a lot of people, but now I'm here I am on stage every night! Dreams really do come true.

VG: What does the future hold for the Wonder Girls?
S: I'd say it's LOVE ! Now we're closer to each other than ever before and we really appreciate one another. And of course our fans! They are always cheering for us and inspiring us. So we want to connect everyone with LOVE! Even though we go through hard times, we can work it out all together! What we've done so far for the past 3 years, it's all our own, and nobody can take it away from us…it's wonderful!

Connect with the Wonder Girls by visiting their official website, Twitter, Myspace, and Facebook pages!



Source: VerveGirl

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails